Wednesday 18 April 2007

£150,000 for lobbying?

According to the Evening News, Norwich City Council has employed political lobbyists for a sweet sum of £150,00 to lobby MP's for the unitary status. The Conservative spokesman, Anthony Little has criticised the move accusing the council leaders of making it hard enough to get new signs and menial costs released and then £150,000 is splurged on this. Malthues is in complete agreement with this for once.

£150,000 could do so much for this city. It could sort out dirty parks, make a real investment in local services or give more support to those in the poorest wards. It seems crazy that the council is paying this sum! I don't expect my council to waste my council tax on this idiocy. If someone can justify this sum then i will be very suprised! When the supporters of the unitary bid moan around council funding for their projects then I damn well know what my reply will be!

No comments: